Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hitting A "Stress" Wall with Bad Marsh Around The Corner!

The past 3 weeks have been very tough, especially in terms of training for the Bad Marsh 50k in 10 days. I haven't had many good runs for a about 3-4 weeks, my weekly mileage dropped to about 25-35 miles and my pace slowed a lot. I was talking with my girlfriend on Sunday about how I've been feeling and I feel like I've lost my "inner runner". I've been so stressed lately with what I need to eat and how much?, Am I drinking enough water?, I need to slow my pace!, I need to pick up my pace!. all these things rush through my mind all throughout the day and on my runs. Just 5 weeks ago I was running 45-50 miles a week for the hell of it, just because I wanted to. I felt it and it felt great, I wanted more of that high from the run. My girlfriend suggested that I've been overdoing it "mentally" and I agreed, I have had so many things going through my head about how i need to train or do my runs that I wasn't just letting my body do it naturally on its own like before. I haven't blogged in awhile, because I wasn't able to think of ideas to blog about while running. I always have "me" time when I run, I talk to myself in my head and go over ideas and topics about what to blog about or talk with friends about. I've hit a mental wall!

I went running Sundayday after talking with Linda (girlfriend) about my problems I've been facing. It hyped me up and made me tell myself I am runner! I started running 2 years ago to better my life and it has been more than an amazing journey. I used to go run 6 days a week and would get excited at nights because I was ready to run the next day. I never worried if ate enough or drank enough, I always had, it was instinct to eat and drink! I never worried about my pace being slow so I could last longer, I just ran by feel and did what I could. On my run I started thinking about all the things I discussed with Linda and I was back at my "inner runner" once again. I came up with topics on what to write and talk about, I never looked at watch to see my pace, I just ran to one spot I normally run to and turned back and headed home. I felt great, my legs didn't feel heavy, my mind was clear, my lungs were open. I was running with "me" again. I feel the stresses of life take a big toll on us mentally and physically a lot of times throughout life, One achievement we can gain from this is the strength we receive when we stand back up and claim what is ours. I let the stress of running, What I love so much, get the best of me. I am a Runner and I run, running doesn't run my life, I run with it! I won't let the stress of what I need to be eating and if it's enough get to me, I'm continuing to do what I know and stick with the basics. Bad Marsh is around the corner and I'm ready to get this ultra moving and go with a clear mind and stick with my motto. "Stay Strong..Never Stop Moving Forward!"

No comments:

Post a Comment