Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Never Give Up on Yourself!

I had a great race this past weekend. I went into the Milestone half marathon just to run it by feel and it felt great. The weather was perfect, 70 degrees, compared to last year when the heat index reached 100. It was a nice shaded course for about 6 miles then an open stretch on a long wide road for about 4 miles in the sun.
I finished the race in 1:58 and surprised the hell out of myself. I haven't run over 6 miles in the past 5 weeks, due to a break in my training.

After this past race weekend I showed myself and proved that I still have it, I am a Runner! and as long as you keep in mind that you can not fail and only succeed you can take yourself a long way. This is what I needed, A boost in my confidence and motivation to keep moving forward and never stop putting one foot in front of the other, in life and in running, Never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment